Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy
Complete examination of a woman’s internal pelvic structures can provide important information regarding infertility and common gynecologic disorders. Frequently, problems that cannot be discovered by an external physical examination can be discovered by laparoscopy and hysteroscopy, two procedures that provide a direct look at the pelvic organs.
Laparoscopy and hysteroscopy can be used for both diagnostic (looking only) and operative (looking and treating) purposes.
Diagnostic laparoscopy may be recommended to look at the outside of the uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, and internal pelvic area. Diagnostic hysteroscopy is used to look inside the uterine cavity.
Dr Dipan Thakkar mastered the technique of laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery </strong>in 2002 by receiving training from premier institutes under stalwarts in the field.
Our OT is equipped with state of art :
- FULL HD 3-D AND FULL HD CAMERA SYSTEM FROM KARL STORZ GERMANY
- CO2 Endoflattor
- Xenon 300 light source and LED light source
- Zero and 30 degree laparoscopes
- Office & regular hysteroscopes with regular and office resectoscope by Karl Storz Germany.
We also have suction and irrigation system and high end energy sources like
- Harmonic scalpel from Johnson & Johnson
- Vessel sealing system Ligasure with underwater bipolar FORCE TRIAD from Covidein USA.
We also house a Morcellator which enables us remove large tumours via laparoscope giving our patients an almost minimal post-surgery scar and minimal recovery time. In bag morcellation is also available.
- Our OT is equipped with Anesthesia Machine with ventilator from GE-Datex Ohmeda.
- Multipara monitoring system VM8 from Philips.
Dr. Dipan Thakkar has done more than 7000 diagnostic and operative laparoscopies and hysteroscopies till date including:
- Total laparoscopic hysterectomies(TLH) including big fibroids, previous 2 or 3 cesarean scars or laparotomy and grade 3 or 4 endometriosis.
- Surgeries for ovarian cysts including dermoid, fibroma & chocolate cyst
- Adhesiolysis for Stage 2 and 3 endometriosis
- Post-hysterectomy tubo-ovarian masses
- Fertility enhancing surgeries like adhesiolysis, tuboplasty and ovarian drilling
- Myomectomies (Removal of fibroids)
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Hysteroscopic surgeries like septum resection, cornual cannulation, myomectomy for submucous myomas, endometrial polyp, intra-uterine adhesiolysis and foreign-body removal.